First of all, sorry for not updating the blog since about three weeks, mainly because I didn't have time to do it. But that doesn't mean we haven't done any improvements... au contraire!
So come on, let's see the most destacable news:
- captainigloo has been investing some efforts on a On Screen Keyboard which looks promising for capacitative screens, so we may see some improvement in our keyboards in the near future.
- You can see Elfe (the upcoming home screen for SHR) in action in this youtube video.
- Devices section in wiki has been cleaned up a bit and now should have a better structure.
- Illume top bar can have now different default configuration for each device.
- morphis has created a new fsoaudiod daemon for audio management.
- Currently there's only audio routing funtionality: supports palmpre and all other alsa using machines.
- It will be used in libphone-ui in the near future.
- Different audio streams (media, alerts, alarms, notifications, ...) will be available for applications in the future.
HTC HD2 (htcleo):
- Initial SHR support for this device.
- WiFi is now correctly integrated and can be used with liwi and other wireless tools.
- Added specific Illume topbar configuration for this device.
- morphis and mickeyl got PPP with fsogsmd working!
- msmcommd now includes support for Call Forwarding.
- You can find the latest screenshots of SHR on the iPhone3G running Elfe here.
- Backlight and basic power management functionality has been added. For example, the LCD screen can now turn off.
- Fixed a bunch of cosmetic issues. For example, status bar buttons overlapped and illume-keyboard was scaled off the screen.
- Battery icon in the status bar now shows when the device is charging. However, the battery level only shows up properly in illume settings.
- WIP: Lock screen should be implemented soon. It's currently using the wrong lock screen that requires a password. GNUtoo explained how to fix this.
- WIP: Basic baseband functionality is in the works. Lopi is currently extending the modem_singleline plugin in fsogsmd. You can find the initial work done here.
- WIP: Need to enable devtmpfs in the kernel to fix the extremely slow boot times.
- WIP: Fix the battery indicator in the status bar to properly display the battery's charge.